LFT Charitable Trust is a proactive funder. We build our knowledge by talking to and meeting with individuals and organisations working within our priority areas. Where we identify opportunities and the prospect of a project that aligns with our current grant making policy, we invite proposals for funding. We don’t encourage unsolicited applications.
Trustees review and update our grant making policy at regular intervals to ensure it is responsive and relevant to current needs.
Areas of Interest
We have identified several themes which our current phase of grant making will prioritise:
- The promotion of Health & Wellbeing – projects that include but are not limited to addressing isolation, addiction, mental health, end of life, disease and disability.
- The advancement of Education – projects that include but are not limited to addressing access, equal opportunity and literacy.
- The alleviation of Suffering & Distress – projects that include but are not limited to addressing housing & homelessness, deprivation & poverty, welfare issues, domestic violence and inequality/discrimination.
Our current grant making programme prioritises the following beneficiaries:
- Children & Families
- Early Childhood
- Young People (16-25)
- Older People
- Developing Countries
Our ideal Grant Partner demonstrates:
- Effectiveness and impact – expert understanding of the issue, how best to address it, how to measure and continuously improve outcomes
- Strong governance and management – a leadership team that is passionate, professional, ambitious, courageous and credible
- Synergy – connecting and collaborating with others to maximise outcomes for beneficiaries
- Grassroots Engagement – lived experience, strong track record, embedded in their community and a history of mobilising collective action